Financial Assistance - Other Needs
Despite the best laid plans, there are times when you might require some help to manage all the needs that you and your child have. This chapter provides additional community resources to assist during these times. Many programs, though not all, require proof of income. Always contact the organization to discuss eligibility because even though you don't qualify for one program, it doesn't mean you won't qualify for another. Also, most organizations require certain documentation to receive assistance so find out what you need prior to applying and/or going to their office.
The following links will provide you information on the various resources that can help you find help with filling out forms, housing and other needs.
- Nevada 2-1-1
- Family Resource Centers
- Faith-based Agencies
- Energy Assistance
- County Social Services
- Clothing and Supplies
- Senior Centers
- Nevada 2-1-1 is both a phone number (dial 211) and a website that provides information on just about every human service in Southern Nevada.
- Family Resource Centers provide information, referrals and case management to residents in their service areas.
- Many faith-based agencies provide emergency assistance and other support. Among them are:
- Help with energy bills is available through the Las Vegas Energy Assistance Program. To get information, go to www.dwss.nv.gov and click on the Energy Assistance tab at the top of the page.
- Clark County Social Services provides medical and financial assistance to Clark County residents who are not receiving other assistance.
- Senior centers provide programs and information about services that might be helpful. They are run by:
- If you need new housing, some places to check are: