Residential & Landscaping

aerial view of urban area

Residential & Landscaping

Homeowners and landscapers will find useful information to help them design, install and maintain landscapes and gardens during drought conditions, such as information on low-water-use gardening, low-water-use landscape plants, water conservation, water harvesting, mulch and soil amendments, water-efficient landscaping, well management and lawn maintenance.

Need a Master Gardener?

If you have any landscape-related questions, you can also call and speak with horticulture specialists or Master Gardeners at Cooperative Extension offices in Reno (775-784-4848) and in Las Vegas (702-222-3130). Alternatively, you can Ask a Master Gardener online here.

Information on Water Efficient Landscapers

Report Water Waste in Your Community

  • Truckee Meadows Water Authority
    Report water waste in your community by calling (775) 834-8005 or by filling out a report online.
  • Southern Nevada Water Authority
    For those served by a member agency of SNWA, fill out an online water waste report here and it will be forwarded to the appropriate water agency.

Useful Tools and Links

Mandatory Watering Schedules


No watering is allowed on Sundays or between the hours of 11:00 am and 7:00 pm. This schedule is also valid for SNWA's seven members -- Big Bend Water District (Laughlin), Boulder City, Clark County Water Reclamation District, Henderson, Las Vegas, Las Vegas Valley Water District, and North Las Vegas. To find information on your assigned watering days and group, search your address at the SNWA website.
"As a means of conserving water during summer months, the City of Elko has established a mandatory outdoor watering schedule from June 15 through September 15 each year. This mandatory schedule limits homeowners and business owners with odd numbered addresses to water outdoors on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Homeowners and business owners with even numbered addresses are required to water outdoors on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays ... 'Hand watering' of flowers and dry lawn areas is permitted, as needed, under the mandatory watering schedule. Civil fines will be imposed on any person or business owner found in violation of the city’s regulations limiting outdoor use of municipal water." More information can be found here.