Residential & Landscaping
Homeowners and landscapers will find useful information to help them design, install and maintain landscapes and gardens during drought conditions, such as information on low-water-use gardening, low-water-use landscape plants, water conservation, water harvesting, mulch and soil amendments, water-efficient landscaping, well management and lawn maintenance.
Need a Master Gardener?
If you have any landscape-related questions, you can also call and speak with horticulture specialists or Master Gardeners at Cooperative Extension offices in Reno (775-784-4848) and in Las Vegas (702-222-3130). Alternatively, you can Ask a Master Gardener online here.
Report Water Waste in Your Community
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority
Report water waste in your community by calling (775) 834-8005 or by filling out a report online.
- Southern Nevada Water Authority
For those served by a member agency of SNWA, fill out an online water waste report here and it will be forwarded to the appropriate water agency.
Useful Tools and Links
- EPA's WaterSense - Find information on the best ways to use water, how to create a water budget for your home, where you can buy WaterSense products (including rebate information), plus many more great tips!
- Resources for Growing Plants in Nevada (NV Dept. of Forestry)
- Smart About Water (TMWA)
- Online Landscaping Guide (TMWA)
- Sample Landscape Designs and Plans (SNWA)
- Water-Smart Plant Search for Southern Nevada (SNWA)
- Residential Rebates (SNWA)
Helpful Publications and Resources