On Tuesday, November 28, 2017, members of the bar are invited to attend “Supported Decision-Making,” a special event sponsored by the Second Judicial District Court, National Resource Center for Supported Decision-Making, State Bar of Nevada, and Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada. This event will be held at the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, Clark County Learning Center in Las Vegas with video conference available statewide. Attendees may choose to attend for the morning session (9 a.m. to noon) or the afternoon session (1:30 to 4:30 p.m.)
At this event, Washoe County family court Judge Frances Doherty will lead a a panel of disability and guardianship advocates from a variety of fields in an interactive conversation on how practitioners can support individuals’ autonomy and what supported decision-making could look like in Nevada. The National Resource Center for Supported Decision-Making awarded the Second Judicial District Court a grant in 2016 to explore supported decision-making in Nevada.
For more information and to pre-register (optional), visit the Second Judicial District Court’s website or read the Washoe County announcement about the event.
November 28, 2017 Supported Decision-Making Statewide Locations.
NOTE: locations may be subject to change based on pre-registration numbers. Please contact AdultGuardianship@washoecourts.us or 775-328-3164 for more information.
- Las Vegas – Clark County Lifelong Learning Center – 8050 Paradise Road, Suite 100 Las Vegas, NV 89123-1904
- Reno - University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, Washoe County – 4955 Energy Way Reno, NV 89502
- Carson City - University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, Carson City – 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 15 Carson City, NV 89706
- Elko - University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, Elko County – 701 Walnut Street Elko, NV 89801-5032
- Fallon - Churchill County Cooperative Extension – 111 Sheckler Road Fallon, NV 89406-895
- Yerington – Lyon County Cooperative Extension – 504 S. Main Street Yerington, NV 89447-0811
- Winnemucca - Humboldt County Cooperative Extension – 1085 Fairgrounds Road Winnemucca, NV 89445-2927
- Tonopah - Tonopah High School 1 Tennant Drive Tonopah, NV 89049-0231
November 28, 2017
9:00 am - 4:30 pm