Northern Area/Western 4-H Camp — July 9-15, 2017
Carson City/Storey County, Douglas County, Washoe County
This camp is for 9-12 year olds with a focus on a learning laboratory for the STEM-based 4-H Essential Elements, Experiential Learning and Life Skills Models. Campers will engage in an experiential learning environment to learn about many things. This is an overnight camping event and campers are expected to stay the entire time. There are sports, crafts, learning centers, outdoor activities, swimming, skits, evening programs and more!
Camp Theme: Campology: the Science of Fun
Dates: July 9-15, 2017, Camp opens at 1 p.m. on July 9 (campers are asked to eat lunch or bring a sack lunch – the first meal served in camp is dinner on July 19) and closes on July 15 at 10 a.m. – all campers must be picked up by 11 a.m.
Adult Chaperones (ages 19 and up) – registration forms are due on or before May 15, 2017. There is no fee for adult chaperones to attend camp.
Teen Counselors (ages 14-19) – completed applications are due to local county offices by 5 p.m. on March 31, 2017.
Training dates for teens and adults are: (other dates may be added)
- February 17, 5:30 p.m. – Camp meet and greet for any teen counselors interested in applying to camp and for adult chaperones. Staff will be available to answer questions. The meeting will be held "in person" at the Reno office at 4955 Energy Way, Reno and through interactive video to the Extension Offices in Carson and Douglas.
- April 29, 2017 – starting at 8 a.m., Teen Counselor Interviews, at the Reno Office, 4955 Energy Way
- June 2, 2017, 6 p.m., Teen and Adult Camp Social, Location TBA
- June 14, 2017 – 6 p.m.at the Carson Office 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 12, Carson City
- June 17, 2017 – 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.6 p.m. at the Reno Office 4955 Energy Way, Reno
- June 22, 2017 – 6 p.m. – Galena Creek Park, Mount Rose Highway
- July 8, 2017 – 3 p.m. at the State 4-H Camp, #1 4-H Road, Stateline NV
Campers (youth 9-12 by the first day of camp) – Preference is given to campers within the Western Area geographic area. Applications for current 4-H members are available at area Cooperative Extension offices on May 1 – May 15. 2017. Non-4-H youth can enroll in camp beginning May 16, 2017. Camp fees are $265.00 which includes all camp activities, room and board. Camp is limited to 80 girls and up to 48 boys (camp numbers are dependent on available chaperones). Registration will close without notice when maximum numbers are reached. For further information please contact Sarah Chvilicek, 775.336.0236 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
Sarah Chvilicek, Washoe County 4-H Youth Program Coordinator