skip to main content

Radon in real estate

Information for the Home Buyer and Seller

Currently, there are no statewide regulations in Nevada that require radon testing or disclosure in a real estate transaction. However, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires purchasers of HUD-owned property to sign a Radon Gas and Mold Notice and Release Agreement and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) home buyers must sign Form HUD-92564-CN, "For Your Protection: Get a Home Inspection" which recommends all houses be tested for radon, especially during a home inspection. Also, many relocation companies now require radon testing as part of their requirements and/or disclosure of previous radon testing.

  • Please view the EPA video, Breathing Easy - What Home Buyers and Sellers Should Know About Radon. This EPA Flash video is important for the real estate professional, home buyer and home seller to understand the radon health risk and how to approach it when buying or selling a home.

Video: Breathing Easy - What Home Buyers and Sellers Should Know About Radon (12.16 minutes)

For More Information:

For additional assistance contact Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Radiological Health Section at 775-687-7550.

See also: