Online Pesticide Safety Course
The site hosting the Online Pesticide Safety Course has recently changed. It is now hosted by the University of Nevada, Reno WebCampus site.
1. Go to the WebCampus login page (https://webcampus.unr.edu/login/canvas) and you will see a screen like the one shown here.
2. Click on the Username (Non-NETID Accounts) field.
3. Enter CEX.user as the username and pesticide as the password.
4. Click on the Nevada Pesticide Applicators Online Course box.
You are now on the Nevada Pesticide Applicatiors Online Course page. You may view or download all study materials here for both the General Exam (first six chapters) and the individual categories (categories 1 through 14).
5. If you want to go to the practice General Exam and the four practice Category Exams, click on the button in the menu on the left.
6. Choose the exam you wish to take
The practice General Exam consists of 50 randomly selected multiple choice or true/false questions that cover general pesticide safety knowledge. Prior to taking the practice General Exam, study Chapters 1-6 in this online course or read these chapters located under the Nevada Pesticide Applicator's Certification Workbook tab on this website or read these chapters in the Nevada Pesticide Applicator's Certification Workbook. A passing grade on this exam is 60%, or 30 correct answers. You may take this exam as many times as you would like. Each time, the exam will randomly choose 50 questions from a question bank.
The four practice Category Exams are developed for:
- Category 1A: Agricultural Pest Control - Plants
- Category 3: Ornamental and Turf Pest Control
- Category 5: Aquatic Pest Control
- Category 6: Right-of-way Pest Control
The practice Category Exams are 20 randomly selected multiple choice or true/false questions. Before attempting a practice Category Exam, read that category's chapter in the Nevada Pesticide Applicator's Certification Workbook. A passing grade on a practice Category Exam is 60%, or 12 out of 20 questions correct. You may take the practice Category Exams as many times as you would like. Each time, the exam will randomly choose 20 questions from a question bank.
The Nevada Pesticide Applicator's Certification Workbook and the National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual can be purchased as a set for $15 at your University of Nevada Cooperative Extension office. Check the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension website for contact information for the office nearest you. You can also download both manuals at no cost from www.nevadapesticideeducation.info. If you purchased the 2009 version of the manual, you may trade it in for the 2013 version of the manual at any University of Nevada Cooperative Extension office for no charge. Contact Melody Hefner at email@example.com for more information.