Partners in Parenting
Partners in Parenting promotes positive parenting and child health and development, thereby preventing child abuse and other poor childhood outcomes.
- Family Storyteller
- Fun to Play For Preschoolers
This 8-week program encourages positive-parent child interaction and learning though creative play. It also promotes children's school readiness skills. Each week emphasizes a Nevada Pre-K standard.
- Little Books & Little Cooks
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension's Little Books & Little Cooks program is a national award winning program (from the National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences) to address parenting and nutrition information. This seven-week program teaches both parents and their young children (ages 3-5) important milestones of early learning and literacy, school readiness and good nutrition through a seven-week program.
- Child Safety and Welfare
This four-week program is designed to improve awareness of important child safety issues and increase parenting knowledge.
- Kinship Families
This program is a six-week family literacy program using children's literature and activities that demonstrate parent-child book reading. The lessons introduce families to the joy of literature and language, show parents techniques on how to read with their children, provide time to practice those skills and provide books and other language activities for use at home.
Kinship Families is a family support program for caregivers of children in out-of-home placement. Currently we offer an informational website utilizing our 108-page resource guide Raising Your Relative's Kids: How to Find Help. The resource guide is also available in print and on CD, including a Spanish version. Kinship
Find Programs Schedule
- Just In Time Parenting
A free parenting newsletter that is delivered by email and specific to a child's age and needs. They are designed so that information that's relevant to your family is automatically delivered to you just in time! Subscription information can be found here. Just In Time Parenting coupon code for Clark County (NV11CLAR). Click Here
Fact Sheets and Other Reading
- Young Children Who Learn Self Control Have More Chances for Success (FS-11-57) English:
- How to Support Dual Language Learners in the Early Years (FS-11-68) English:
- Young Children in the Digital Age (FS-13-22) English:
- Play is Children's Learning (FS-14-09) English:
- Cooking with Young Children (FS-15-03) English:
- Building Vocabulary (FS-14-07)
- Emergent Writing (FS-14-08)
- Infant Language Development (FS-15-06)
- Toddler Language Development (FS-15-05)
- Parenting Needs of Parents of Young Children in Southern Nevada
- Family Storytelling and the Benefits for Children (FS-16-07)
Spanish: (Coming Soon)