NEMO Seminar Presentations
2012 Nevada Landscape Association Sustainable Design Presentations
- Green Infrastructure and Sustainable Landscapes
- Sustainable Landscape Design Principles
- Green Design for Commercial Landscapes
- Rules for the Easy-to-Maintain Landscape
- Dry Climate Green Roof Design
- Designing Bioretention Areas
- Avoiding Common Pitfalls in Green Infrastructure
NEMO sponsored seminar: Water-efficient Landscapes: Revegetating Slopes After Disturbance. Presented on April 1, 2009 in Reno, Nevada.
- Disturbed Soil: What's the Issue?, by Sue Donaldson
- Improving Lean and Mean Urban Soils, by Leslie Allen
- Plant Materials For Defensible Space, by JoAnne Skelly
- Planting on Slopes, by Ed Kleiner
- Managing Weeds on Disturbed Soils, by Sue Donaldson
- Irrigation Practices to Reduce Runoff, by Scott Gescheider
- Putting It All Together: Stabilizing Slopes, by Kreg Mebust
NEMO sponsored seminar: Harvesting Water In The Landscape: Implementing Low Impact Development. Presented on November 16, 2007 in Reno, Nevada.
- ASCE/APWA Post-Construction Storm Water Quality Management Ordinance Requirements, by Terri Svetich, City of Reno Stormwater Program
- Cabela's Parking Lot Bioretention, by Kreg Mebust, Jeff Codega Planning & Design, Reno, NV
- Designing Bioretention Areas, by Michael Dietz, Ph.D., Utah State University
- Designing Stormwater Solutions, by Susan Luescher, ASLA, Shapins-Belt Collins, CO
- Designing Structural Soils for Storm Water Filtration and Plant Sustainability, by Louise Kehmeier, Foothill Associates, Reno, Nevada
- Incorporating Infiltration into Parking Lot Design, by Jane Kulik, ASLA and Nicole Horst, Wenk Associates, Denver, CO
- Plant Materials for Bioretention Projects, by Tom Stille, Pinyon Design, Reno, Nevada
- Virginia Street Tree Box Filters Demonstration Project, by Chris Conway, Kennedy/Jenks Consultants
NEMO sponsored seminar: Low Impact Development: Design Considerations, Costs and Benefits. Presented by Jane Kulik, Principal with Wenk Associates of Denver, Colorado. Presented on February 13, 2007 in Reno, Nevada, at the Nevada Landscape Association 17th Annual Conference.
NEMO sponsored seminar: Does Green Infrastructure Pay? The Costs and Benfits of Low Impact Development. Presented by Jane Kulik, Principal with Wenk Associates of Denver Colorado. Presented on March 30, 2006 in Reno Nevada.