Food for Thoughts, School Gardens Program
School Gardens are all about Garden based learning. We call this program Food for Thoughts because as our children learn to grow food and other beautiful plants, they can learn about nutrition and get wonderful benefits from learning outdoors.
Teacher, Can We Have Class Outside Today?
Your gardening experience can be as simple as reading in the shade of a tree, or as complex as a sensory garden. You are only limited by your imagination!
What We Do:
- Partner with your school to help you find resources, collaborators and funding.
- Help you learn about gardening.
- Help you get ideas, create a new garden or revamp your old one.
- Help with in-service topics, or teach about a topic to your group.
- Help you succeed as you grow new inspiration!
The Food for Thoughts, School Gardens Program was developed for the Southern Nevada area. We are willing to provide assistance to anyone who wants help to develop a program in their area.