Follow My Lead: Developmentally Appropriate Physical Activities for Young Children
Have you ever wondered about what kids of certain ages are able to do and not do? Or how you can encourage children to be physically active and healthy?
What is the workshop about? The curriculum provides information and instructions for conducting a workshop for child care providers on age-appropriate physical development and activities for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
The workshop focuses on:
- Physical development;
- Age-appropriate physical activities for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers;
- Planning for developing the skills of fundamental movement;
- Knowledge of physical fitness
The workshop is designed for three hours, though shorter formats are possible.
Why? The overall goals of the workshop are to increase participants':
- knowledge of physical development;
- knowledge of age-appropriate physical activities for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers;
- awareness of the need to plan for developing the skills of fundamental movement;
- knowledge of physical fitness;
- use of a wide range of developmentally appropriate physical activities; and
- knowledge of Pre-K standards and how they can be used in the group care.
Who is it for? The workshop has been designed primarily with child care providers in mind, though others may benefit from the training.