skip to main content

Raising Your Relative's Kids

Where to Find Financial Help

Person talking to two people.

As much as you may want to care for your relative's child, there may be serious financial implications for you. If your residence is small or you live in an age-restricted neighborhood you may have to move. Food, clothing, medical care and other routine expenses may strap an already tight budget. If any of this is true you may want to consider exploring financial assistance that may be available on a monthly basis to help you care for your relative's child.

There are new requirements that citizenship be verified through original documents (original copies of birth certificates or passports) in order to be eligible for any financial programs. Information on obtaining birth certificates.

The following links will provide you with information on where and how to apply for various types of financial assistance that might be available to you, as well as some sound advice on other financial issues:

Helpful Links: