Nevada Volunteers and Cooperative Extension host forums for volunteers
Free forums to discuss the impact of volunteers throughout Nevada
Volunteerism is a key factor to a community’s well-being. University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is partnering with Nevada Volunteers to host free forums across the state to hear from members of the community about what makes service and volunteerism work and what can be done to foster greater impact. Members of businesses, faith-based groups, municipal agencies, schools and colleges, nonprofit organizations and civic organizations, along with other volunteers, are encouraged to attend.
"These forums are a way for people in local communities to talk about how volunteering and service are working. Whether as a civic organization, a church, a nonprofit or business perspective, all are important perspectives,” Nevada Volunteers Strategic Initiatives Manager Janet Wright said. “We want to better understand not only what is working, but what might make it easier to create more partnerships and engagement. We want to find the passions and hopes people have for making a difference in their communities."
Forums will be held from 9:30 to 11:45 a.m. at the following locations:
- In Reno: April 6 at the Washoe County Cooperative Extension office, 4955 Energy Way. Register online at https://nevadavolunteers.wufoo.com/forms/community-forum-reno/.
- In Fallon: April 14 in the Virgil Ghetto Hall at Western Nevada College, 160 Campus Way. Register online at https://nevadavolunteers.wufoo.com/forms/community-forum-fallon/.
- In Las Vegas: May 4 at United Way of Southern Nevada, 5830 W. Flamingo Road. Register online at https://nevadavolunteers.wufoo.com/forms/community-forum-las-vegas/.
- In Mesquite: May 5 at the Eureka Casino and Resort, 275 Mesa Blvd. Register online at https://nevadavolunteers.wufoo.com/forms/community-forum-mesquite/.
- In Elko: May 11 at the Western Folklife Center, 501 Railroad St. Register online at https://nevadavolunteers.wufoo.com/forms/community-forum-elko/.
- In Tonopah: May 19 at the Tonopah Convention Center, 301 W. Brougher Ave. Register online at https://nevadavolunteers.wufoo.com/forms/community-forum-tonopah/.
Participants will learn more about the good works and partnerships happening in their communities; hear about resources, recent data, new ideas and leading practices; provide input that will shape Nevada’s volunteer and service resource network; and showcase engagement and inspire others.