4-H Turkey week events scheduled
4-H membership is not required
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension’s Northeast Clark County’s 4-H program has some terrific turkey week events scheduled. All events are open to the public. The schedule includes:
- Monday, Nov. 16: The 5K Turkey Trot begins 4 p.m. at the Fairgrounds parking lot located at 1301 Whipple Ave., Logandale, Nev. Individual entry fee is $5; Family of 6 (two adults, four children) is $20 and the Buddy Deal is $8 (one adult, one child). Pre-register at the Cooperative Extension office located at 1897 Moapa Valley Blvd., Logandale, Nev.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 17-18: 4-H Science Night begins at 4 p.m. Plan to join in on fun science projects like oobleck and gak at the Cooperative Extension office Building A located at 1897 Moapa Valley Blvd., Logandale, Nev.
- Thursday, Nov. 19: 4-H Achievement Night begins at 6 p.m. Potluck style. Contests: Interview and Portfolio for prizes like buckles, plaques, trophy and candy. Call the office for the location.
- Friday, Nov. 20: Turkey Wobble Community Dance beginning at 8 p.m. at the Fairgrounds Outdoor Plaza located at 1301 Whipple Ave., Logandale, Nev. Entry fee is one canned food item or $2., All food will be donated to Cappalappa Family Resource Center. There will be a live DJ and a free hot chocolate bar.
- Saturday, Nov. 21: Turkey Trap Shoot begins at 7 a.m. Check-in at 7 a.m. at the Overton Shooting Range (AKA Box Wash). Participants must bring their own ammunition. The fee is $30 per person. Categories are youth, 9-18 years of age; men and women.
If interested in sponsorship or donation ideas, and for more information on any of the events scheduled for 4-H Turkey Week, email or call Lacey Sproul at 702-397-2604 x 2.