Photo and interview opportunities plentiful at Nevada Field Day
University experts and demonstrations provide multiple feature topics
Members of the media are encouraged to take advantage of a rare opportunity to talk with a variety of University experts and capture some great visuals at Nevada Field Day, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., Sept. 26 at 910 Valley Road in Reno.
This year’s activities focus on "Innovation for a Sustainable Future." Just a few highlights will include:
- Chef Mark Estee and the Reno Local Food Group dishing up samples of recipes containing the University’s Wolf Pack Meats and the Desert Farming Initiative produce
- Urban Roots’ Desert Hops Project information, with growing and brewing tips
- A hoop house-building demonstration and greenhouse tours, including University research projects
- Demonstrations on beekeeping
- Information on low-water-use alternative crops and other information for Nevada’s farmers and ranchers
- Sheep and wool-spinning demonstrations, and equestrian demonstrations, including demonstrations by NEAT (Nevada Equine Assisted Therapy)
- 4-H Youth Programs featuring dairy goats and small animals
- Information and activities on protecting your home from wildfire from Nevada’s internationally known Living With Fire Program
WHO: University of Nevada, Reno — College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources; Agricultural Experiment Station; and Cooperative Extension. Sponsored in part by the Nevada Agricultural Foundation and the Truckee Meadows Water Authority.
WHAT: Nevada Field Day.
WHEN: 9 a.m. — 2 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 26.
WHERE: Nevada Agricultural Experiment Station’s Valley Road Greenhouse Complex, 910 Valley Road, Reno.
Members of the media are welcome and are encouraged to contact one of the media contacts listed below in advance to schedule a meeting time and discuss interview possibilities.
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
Dean and Director’s Office
University of Nevada, Reno / MS 404
Reno, Nevada 89557-0404
firstname.lastname@example.org 775-784-7072, Cell: 775-846-6336
Web, Database & Communications Manager
College of Agriculture, Biotechnology & Natural Resources
University of Nevada, Reno / MS 221
Reno, Nevada 89557