Ask a Master Gardener and Other Events
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners (MG) of Southern Nevada are offering a variety of presentations and staffing "Ask a Master Gardener" tables at community venues across the Valley. In March, look for the Master Gardeners volunteers at:
- March 18 — MG Information table --Vdara Employee Events
- March 19 — MG Information table -- Mountain’s Edge Home and Landscape Show
- March 19 — MG Information table -- Star Nursery — Eastern
- March 19 — MG Information table -- Star Nursery — Cheyenne
- March 21 — "Taste, Touch and Grow Herbs" — MG Lisa Mosbey and Jeanne Toscano — Caring Place
- March 25 — MG Information table -- Aria Employee Events
- March 26 — MG Information table -- Providence "Going Green" Family Fun Gardening Events
- March 26 — "Warm and Cool Season Veggies" by MG Don Fabbi — Plant World
- March 26 — "Landscape Design with the End in Mind" — MG Denise McConnell — Acacia Park
Since 1992, over 1,000 community members in the Las Vegas area have taken the comprehensive Master Gardener horticulture training course with the understanding that they are not to keep this information to themselves — that they will become the University’s unpaid ambassadors and share the science of good desert gardening with others.
If you can’t visit with the Master Gardeners at these events, please call the Home Gardening Help Line at 257-5555 or stop by Cooperative Extension’s Lifelong Learning Center and Demonstration Gardens located at 8050 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Windmill exit off the 215). Office hours are Monday -Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is an outreach arm of the University that extends unbiased, research-based knowledge from the University-and other land-grant universities-to local communities. Educational programs are developed based on local needs, sometimes in partnership with other agencies and volunteers. For more information about University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, please visit the website at www.unce.unr.edu .