Fruit Tree Pruning Classes Scheduled at UNCE Orchard
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension (UNCE) has scheduled fruit tree pruning classes to begin November 27 and continue through March 5, 2011. All classes will be held on Saturday mornings from 10 a.m. until noon at the Orchard. Please bring your pruning shears if you are planning on hands-on training.
- November 27 Lowering Heights on Fruit Trees
- December 4 Pruning Peach and Nectarine Trees; Miniature Peaches
- December 11 Pruning Apricot and Plum
- December 18 Pruning Apple, Pear and Quince
- December 25 No class
- January 1 No class
- January 8 Pruning Fruit Tree Basics. (Springs Preserve Only, 8:30 a.m.)
- January 15 Pruning Pomegranates and Almonds
- January 22 Pruning Figs and Persimmon
- January 29 Pruning for Small Spaces; Multiple trees in a single hole and espalier (trellising)
- February 5 Planting and Fertilizing Fruit Trees
- March 5 Table and Wine Grapes
An internet YouTube video on how to sharpen, adjust and sanitize your pruning shears can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72DfswUyD1c or search the internet for videos using the key words UNCE orchard. To receive notification of future classes please contact Robert Morris at email@example.com . Call 702-257-5555 to get directions to the UNCE Orchard or if you do not have internet access, add your name to the notification list for Orchard programming.
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is an outreach arm of the University that extends unbiased, research-based knowledge from the University-and other land-grant universities-to local communities. Educational programs are developed based on local needs, sometimes in partnership with other agencies and volunteers.