Nevada farmers, ranchers offered profit-building workshops
Nevada agricultural producers can learn how to increase revenue, lower costs and deal with credit shortages in a free, four-part course being offered around the state by University of Nevada Cooperative Extension and the College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources.
The program, “Successful Agribusiness Management Strategies,” will be divided into half-day workshops and presented at eight locations simultaneously through Extension’s interactive video network. Funding for the program was provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Risk Management Agency.
The workshops will examine:
- alternative enterprise feasibility and risk analysis
- dealing with credit issues and bankruptcy
- retirement strategies, along with estate and farm transition planning
- crop diversification and growing techniques for arid Nevada
“These workshops are just another way the University and Cooperative Extension are helping Nevadans during these difficult economic times,” said Cooperative Extension Dean and Director Karen Hinton.
Kynda Curtis, an assistant professor in the University’s Department of Resource Economics, will lead the training. She said the program will include valuable information to help all Nevada agricultural producers become more stable and profitable.
Here are the dates for “Successful Agribusiness Management Strategies:"
- Day 1: Friday, March 19, 2010, 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Day 2: Friday, March 26, 2010, 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Day 3: Friday, April 2, 2010, 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Day 4: Friday, April 9, 2010, 8:30 a.m. to noon
Here are the locations for “Successful Agribusiness Management Strategies:”
- Churchill County UNCE Office, 111 Sheckler Road, Fallon
- Douglas County UNCE Office, 1329 Waterloo Lane, Gardnerville
- Elko County UNCE Office, 701 Walnut Street, Elko
- Lyon County UNCE Office, 504 S. Main Street, Yerington
- Northeast Clark County UNCE Office, 1897 N. Moapa Valley Blvd., Logandale
- Pershing County UNCE Office, 810 6th Street, Lovelock
- Northern Nye / Esmeralda Counties UNCE Office, 475 St. Patrick Street, Tonopah White Pine County UNCE Office, 995 Campton Street, Ely
- Humboldt County UNCE Office, 1085 Fairgrounds Road, Winnemucca
For more information or to register, contact Kynda Curtis, (775) 784-1682, email@example.com