New Plaza Comunitaria Project
- WHO: Mexican Consul, Mr. Mariano Lemus Gas and University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
- WHAT: Kick-off of NEW Plaza Comunitaria Project
- WHERE: Cambridge Community Center, 3900 Cambridge Street, #109, LV 89119
- WHEN: Friday, March 20 from 2pm to 4pm
- WHY: Offered to the Spanish-speaking communities providing them with the opportunity to finish their education and become eligible to take the General Education Development or GED exam.
- HOW: Join the Grand Opening Celebration (by invitation only)
Plaza Comunitaria Project is a Spanish Literacy, Primary and Secondary Education Certification Program for adults sponsored by the Mexican Government through the National Institute of Adult Education (INEA) and the Mexican Secretary of Education. The program was originally and continues to be presented in Mexico, but it is now being offered to the Spanish-speaking communities abroad providing them with the opportunity to finish their education and become eligible to take the General Education Development or GED exam. The program curriculum is presented online, video, audio or in print which is provided by the Mexican Government. This free-of-charge program allows the participant to attend whenever it is convenient and is assisted by trained tutors who help with the lessons. Periodic evaluations are presented to test knowledge and to allow advancement. University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is very proud to provide this educational program and would like you to join us in our celebration.
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is an outreach arm of the University that extends unbiased, research-based knowledge from the University-and other land-grant universities-to local communities. Educational programs are developed based on local needs, sometimes in partnership with other agencies and volunteers. For more information about University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, please visit the website at www.unce.unr.edu or call (702) 222-3130.