Grow Your Own, Nevada!
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6-8 p.m.
Sept. 19 – Oct. 12
Learn the secrets of high desert gardening
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is offering eight “Grow Your Own, Nevada!” classes statewide to help Nevadans who want to get on a path to more sustainable, local, healthy living by growing and preserving more of their own food.
“Anyone can become a better gardener by attending these classes,” Cooperative Extension Horticulture Specialist Heidi Kratsch said. “From the beginner to the advanced gardener, everyone can benefit from a Grow Your Own, Nevada! class.”
The workshops will provide gardeners and those interested in growing healthy foods with a “back-to-the-basics” guide to great harvests in Nevada.
- 9/19- Bring beneficial insects to the garden
- 9/21- Strategic garden cleanup
- 9/26- Cover cropping for home gardens
- 9/28- Canning jams & jellies
- 10/3- Growing in greenhouses & hoop houses
- 10/5- Growing in raised beds
- 10/10- Prune fruit trees to increase production
- 10/12- Prep your soil for spring success
Classes are held live in Reno and via interactive video to Cooperative Extension offices statewide.
- *Battle Mountain: 815 N. 2nd St., 775-635-5565
- *Caliente: 360 Lincoln St., 775-726-3109
- ^Carson City: 2621 Northgate Ln., Ste. 15, 775-887-2252
- *Elko: 701 Walnut St., 775-423-5121
- *Ely: 950 Campton St., 775-293-6599
- *Eureka: 701 S. Main St., 775-237-5326
- ^Fallon: 111 Sheckler Rd., 775-423-5121
- *Gardnerville: 1325 Waterloo Ln., 775-782-9960
- *Hawthorne: 314 5th St., 775-945-3444
- *Logandale: 1897 N. Moapa Valley Blvd., 702-397-2604
- *Lovelock: 810 6th St., 775-273-2923
- ^Pahrump: 1651 E. Calvada Blvd., 775-727-5532
- *Reno: 4955 Energy Way, 775-784-4848
- ^Tonopah: #1 Frankie St. Old Courthouse, 775-482-6794
- *Winnemucca: 1085 Fairgrounds Rd., 775-623-6304
- *Yerington: 504 S. Main Street, 775-463-6541
*Site confirmed. ^Site requested.
In Reno, the registration cost is $15 per class or $60 for all eight classes, and participants can register online at www.growyourownnevada.com. University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners and Washoe County K-12 teachers receive reduced registration to attend in Reno. For more information, visit www.growyourownnevada.com.
To participate in the program at another location, contact that site directly.
October 10, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Reno- Ashley Andrews
Event appears on the following calendar(s):