Grapes Vines

Grapes growing at the Research Center & Demonstration Orchard in North Las Vegas.

The two main types of grapes are American and European. They both come in seeded and seedless varieties.

Read about the different varieties available at your grocery store!
Grapes develop sugar and become sweeter as they ripen, but will become no sweeter once picked, so timing the harvest is very important.
California, with its warm climate, supplies 98 percent of the nation’s table grapes. The other 2 percent come from Arizona.
Choose plump, firm grapes that are firmly attached to the stem.
Store grapes in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Wash grapes thoroughly under cool running water before eating.

Find recipe suggestions here.