When to wash:
• Before, during, and after preparing food
• Before eating food
• Before and after caring for someone who is sick
• Before and after treating a cut or wound
• After using the toilet
• After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
• After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
• After touching an animal or animal waste
• After touching garbage
How to wash:
• Wet hands with clean, running water and apply soap.
• Rub hands together to make a lather. Scrub the backs of hands between fingers, and under nails.
• Continue scrubbing for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
• Rinse hands well under running water.
• Dry hands using a clean towel or air dry.