Communities throughout the state will celebrate Nevada Wildfire Awareness Week during May1 – May 8. The purpose of wildfire awareness week is to increase understanding of Nevada’s wildfire issues and to promote actions that reduce the wildfire threat. Visit www.livingwithfire.info for statewide events planned for the week! Or click here for more information.
- May 5 – MG Information table – Monte Carlo Employee event
- May 7 – MG Information table – Herb Day at St. Rose San Martin
- May 7 – “Taste, Touch & Grow Herbs” by MG Jeanne Toscano & Lisa Mosbey – Herb Day at St. Rose San Martin
- May 7 – “Growing Herbs in Containers” by MG Jo Stasiak & Diane Harrison – Herb Day at St. Rose San Martin
- May 14 — MG Information table at Green Valley Ranch Neighborhood Forum – Desert Willow Community Center
- May 21 – MG Information table at Henderson Shines Recycling Event – Henderson Pavilion
For more information on the events listed, please call the Home Gardening Help Line at 702-257-5555 or stop by Cooperative Extension’s Lifelong Learning Center and Demonstration Gardens located at 8050 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Windmill exit off the 215). Office hours are Monday -Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Don’t forget! The educational program, conducted by Bob Morris, Cooperative Extension’s horticulturist and The View and Las Vegas Review Journal columnist, is scheduled for Saturday, April 16 and are intended to encourage beekeeping in Southern Nevada. Details! For more information and to enroll in the class, contact Morris at email@example.com or call the Master Gardener helpline at 702-257-5555. (Sorry, Egg Day has been cancelled.)
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners (MG) of Southern Nevada are offering a variety of presentations and staffing “Ask a Master Gardener” tables at community venues across the Valley. For an April listing of events, click here. For more information on the events listed, call the Home Gardening Help Line at 257-5555, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Cooperative Extension’s Lifelong Learning Center and Demonstration Gardens located at 8050 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89123 (Windmill exit off the 215). Office hours are Monday -Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.