The 4-H Livestock Sale Committee is currently seeking individuals who are interested in applying for the goat representative vacancy. This person must be fingerprinted and background checked. Applications are available at the Cooperative Extension Office or by calling the office at 738-7291.
The Volunteer Forum in Reno on March 16-17 has been cancelled. If you have any questions please contact the Extension Office, 738-7291.
The Setting the Table for Civility event planned for March 10 has been cancelled.
Mark your calendars! The dates for the 2018/2019 National Youth Summits are below. Registration for all four summits will open on Tuesday, July 10,
- Maker: November 1-4, 2018
- Agri-Science: January 10-13, 2019
- Healthy Living: February 15-18, 2019
- Photography: February 28-March 3, 2019
- MARCH 3—Kiwanis 4-H/ FFA Livestock Judging Contest, Elko County Fairgrounds, 8 a.m. and Livestock Skillathon, 1 p.m., Elko County Fairgrounds
- MARCH 10—Shooting Sports Testing and Practice-Shotgun/Muzzleloader, 9-12 p.m., Elko County Rifle Range
- MARCH 10—STEM Workshop, 9 a.m., GBC McMullen Hall room 222
- MARCH 14—Deadline for State Livestock Judging and Skillathon due to the Extension Office
- MARCH 15—Poultry Workshop, 4 p.m., Cooperative Extension Office
- MARCH 15—Rabbit Workshop, 5 p.m., Cooperative Extension Office
- MARCH 16—Photography Contest “4-H in Action” Entries Due
- MARCH 17—Pershing County Livestock Judging, 9 a.m.
- MARCH 20—Horse Workshop, 4:45-6:15 p.m., Elko High School room N4
- MARCH 22—General Leaders’ Mtg., 5:30 p.m., Extension Office
- MARCH 24—STEM Workshop, 9 a.m., GBC McMullen Hall room 222
- MARCH 29—Photography Contest “4-H in Action” Awards Ceremony, 5:30-6 p.m., GBC, McMullen Hall room 221
- April 7—Shooting Sports Test & Practice, Archery & Rifle, 9-Noon
- April 12—Poultry & Rabbit Workshops, 4-6 p.m., Cooperative Extension Office
- April 21—Nevada State Livestock Judging, Skillathon & Quiz Bowl, 8 a.m., Elko
- April 21—Shooting Sports Test & Practice, Air Pistol & Shotgun, 9-Noon
- 4‐H Camp Registration Due
- Elko County Horse Judging and Skillathon
- “BBQ for Bullets”
- All market goats, sheep, breeding animals and horse projects must be under the care of 4‐H member and confirmed by General Leader