If you are planning any type of event or workshop and would like to share with the rest of us, please email the Extension Office the details so we can help get the word out. The 4-H News Roundup is a great place to get and share information. If you have any events, workshops, or ideas you would like to share please let the Extension Office know by the 20 day of the month before the next newsletter.
Mark your calendars for this year’s first Food & Nutrition Workshop Friday, December 8, starting at 5:30 p.m., Great Basin College cafeteria. Participants are asked to bring their own ingredients to make a salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, etc.). Maria Harris is bringing surprise ingredients to help 4-H youth learn how to pair different ingredients with their salad! Contact Maria Harris, 397-4815, to sign-up.
There will be a Rabbit Workshop and a Poultry Workshop on Thursday, January 18, at the Extension Office. The Rabbit Workshop will begin at 4 p.m. followed at 5 p.m. by the Poultry Workshop. Whether you are a first-year member or have been doing rabbits and poultry projects for years, you will learn something new and interesting at these workshops. Contact the Extension Office to sign up, 738-7291.
- Dec. 5 Shooting Sports Safety Class, 6-9 p.m. Nannini Building (Courthouse)
- Dec. 7 County Officer Meeting, 4:30 p.m., Extension Office
- Dec. 8 Foods workshop, 5:30 p.m., GBC Solarium
- Dec. 16 Shooting Sports Safety Class, 9 a.m.-Noon Nannini Building (Courthouse)
- Dec. 25 Holiday – Extension Office Closed
Don’t miss out on the second Fashion Revue Workshop of 4-H year! Join us at 1 p.m., January 15, at Maurices in Elko. Participants will see and hear about the latest fashion trends, learn shopping tips and have a chance to put together their own great look!
Please register by calling Salli McDermott at 340-7984, or register online by visiting www.4honline.com
- Dec. 5—Shooting Sports Safety Class, 6-9 p.m., Elko County Courthouse, Commissioners’ Meeting Room
- Dec.7—County Officer Meeting, 4:30 p.m., Extension Office
- Dec. 8—Foods Workshop, 5:30 p.m., GBC Solarium
- Dec. 16—Shooting Sports Safety Class, 9-12 noon, Elko County Courthouse, Commissioners’ Meeting Room
- Dec. 25—Holiday/Office Closed
- Dec. 29 —Last day to turn in Market Project Sheets
- Jan. 1—Market Steers must be in care of 4-H member
- Jan. 9—Fashion Revue Committee Meeting, 4:30 p.m., Extension Office
- Jan. 9—Shooting Sports Safety Class (6-9 p.m., Elko Cty Commissioner ’s Mtg. Rm.)
- Jan. 10—County Officer Meeting, 4:30 p.m, Extension Office.
- Jan. 12—Nat.’l 4-H Conference aps due
- Jan. 15—Holiday/Office Closed
- Jan. 15—Fashion Revue Workshop, Maurices, 1:00 p.m.
- Jan. 18—Rabbit Workshop, 4:00 p.m. Cooperative Extension Office
- Jan. 18—Poultry Workshop, 5:00 p.m. Cooperative Extension Office
- Jan. 19—Newmont Legacy Aps Due
- Jan. 20—Shooting Sports Safety Class (9 a.m.–Noon, Elko Cty Commissioner’s Mtg. Rm.)
- Jan. 25—GENERAL LEADERS’ MEETING, 5:30 pm, Cooperative Extension Office
- Jan. 31—Deadline for Countywide Leadership Training sign-ups