- 8-9 a.m. Registration $10
- 9-12 p.m. Introductions/Instructions
- Judging & Reasons – USU
- 12-1 p.m. Lunch provided by Kiwanis
- 1 p.m. Livestock Skillathon Contest
- 3 p.m. Awards
There will be 8 placement and 4 reasons classes in swine, goats, sheep, and beef.
Pre-registration is not required but is encouraged. Registration is $10 the day of the event. This event is open to Junior, Intermediate and Senior 4-H members, as well as zone FFA members.
On Saturday, March 10, 2018, 9 am-2pm at the Cooperative Extension Office, Nevada 4-H will be hosting a blended learning opportunity for all youth, ages 13-19 around the topic of Civil Dialogue. The event is called “Setting the Table for Civility.” Youth are encouraged to bring a dish that means something to them or represents their heritage for a potluck lunch. You are encouraged to bring non-4-H friends interested in understanding different viewpoints. To register please contact the Extension Office at 738-7291.
- Feb. 7 Sign ups due for Countywide Leadership Training
- Feb. 10 Shooting Sports Testing & Practice, Rifle/Pistol, 9 a.m.-Noon, Elko County Rifle Range
- Feb. 12 Record Book Committee Meeting, 5:30 p.m., Extension Office
- Feb. 13 County officer meeting, 5:00 p.m., Extension Office
- Feb. 15 Poultry workshop, 4:00 p.m., Extension Office
- Feb. 15 Rabbit workshop, 5:00 p.m., Extension Office
- Feb. 17 Countywide Leadership Training 9 am GBC HTC 123
- Feb. 19 Office Closed
- Feb. 23 Fashion Revue Workshop, 5:00 p.m., GBC
- Feb. 24 Photography workshop, 10 a.m.-12 Noon, Allusive Imagines Studio
- Feb. 28 Camp Committee Meeting, 5:30 p.m., Extension Office
All 4-H members are welcome to join Jessica Dyk as she explores and teaches the amazing science behind circuits and LED’s! Jessica will be planning a Saturday workshop series held at GBC. Stay tuned for information on dates and times