4-H Shooting Sports safety classes will be offered December 5, 16 and January 9 and 20. All of the Safety Classes are at the Elko Courthouse, Nannini Building. The December 5 and January 9 classes will be from 6-9 p.m. The December 16 and January 20 classes will begin at 9 a.m. and be done by noon. The doors will open 30 minutes before class starts. Preregister on 4honline or by calling the office at 738-7291.
All shooting sports project members are required to attend a safety class and take a test for each discipline they wish to compete in during this 4-H year. The safety class covers general safety, rules and regulations, shooting procedures, positioning and form. The following items are important:
- A parent must accompany their 4-Her to the safety class.
- Members (and their parent) must participate in the entire class to qualify for every discipline.
- All participants must pre-register for the safety class by registering through 4honline.com or calling the Extension Office at 738-7291. Sign up for the specific date that works for your schedule.
- Cost for new members: $30 and includes all educational materials, project notebook and workshop supplies for the year.
- Cost for returning members (those who participated in shooting sports in past years): $20 and you must bring your notebook from last year to the class.
- All shooting sports members must attend one safety class this year, even if they took the safety class last year.
- Senior 4-H members (14-19 years old): If you have taken the safety class a minimum of 3 times, you will be asked to help the instructor with the training.