East Clark County 4-H Ambassador Program
Exemplary 4-H members will be selected to represent East Clark County in various projects that highlight 4-H.
County 4-H Ambassador Qualifications:
- Must be between the ages of 12 and 19 (as of January 1 of the current year)
- Must have completed at least two years of 4-H membership with experience as a Junior and/or Teen Leader.
- Enthusiastic about 4-H and active in local and county 4-H programs.
- Willing to serve in roles that are agreed upon by the individual, Extension 4-H Coordinator, or the designated Extension Representative.
- Must participate in an Ambassador orientation/training.
- Must actively contribute to the planning and implementation of designated countywide events.
- Have parent and/or guardian and Extension Staff support.
- Must be willing to represent and speak effectively on behalf of the 4-H program.
Responsibilities of a County 4-H Ambassador
If selected as a County 4-H Ambassador you are making a commitment to the East Clark county 4-H program. Each County 4-H Ambassador must participate in a selection process. In addition, each County 4-H Ambassador is asked to actively contribute to the 4-H program by attending scheduled monthly Ambassador Meetings and doing service hours that would include but not limited to youth/adult partnership, youth governance, and youth entrepreneurship. Additionally County Ambassadors must be involved in the planning and implementing of at least two of the following.
- Individual Projects generated by County Ambassador group
- State 4-H Capitol Days
- Nevada 4-H Expo
- National 4-H Week or other 4-H recruitment and publicity activities
- Leadership opportunities as agreed upon by the County Extension Representative
- Area Fairs/Expositions
Application & Selection
- 25% on group discussion
- 25% on individual interview
- 50% on leadership ability and experience
Sample Questions for Interviews
- What do you see as the role of county 4-H Ambassador?
- What changes would you like to see in the East Clark County 4-H Program? Which of these changes do you think you could help influence as a County 4-H Ambassador?
- What would you do to encourage 4-H enrollment and retention?
- What kind of impact has 4-H had on your life?
- What are your personal goals?
- How much time are you willing to commit to the County 4-H Ambassador Program?
Sample Topics for Group Discussion
- What new ways could 4-H programs address problems in the community?
- What is the most important skill that youth need to become successful, productive adults?
- How can 4-H teach these skills to youth?
- How is the increased growth in Nevada affecting our state environmentally and socially?
- How could our 4-H Programs better address Cooperative Extension's Core Concepts which are: communication, decision making, self and social responsibility, goal setting, nurturing, and orientation to the world of work?