Nevada 4-H Ambassadors
Nevada State 4-H Ambassadors are 4-H youth from around the state who are committed in providing leadership for all 4-H members.
Motto of Nevada State 4-H Ambassadors:
"Youth Leading Youth"
Goals of the Nevada 4-H Ambassadors:
- Promote 4-H to all audiences- Tell the 4-H Story through media and personal appearances, positively
- Organize 4-H Promotional Events and Activities>
- Develop Communication Skills
- Promote State 4-H Events
- Encourage Financial Support to 4-H
- Serve on the Nevada 4-H Ambassador Committee
- Devolop an Understanding of Nevada 4-H Programs
- Support University of Nevada Reno Research and Cooperative Extension
- Network with non 4-H Groups
- Establish socia media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Attend training as scheduled
Events the Nevada State 4-H Ambassadors participate in:
- National 4-H Week
- Capital Days
- State Contests
- Leadership Conferences
- Other Leadership Opportunities
How do I become a Nevada State 4-H Ambassador?
Ambassador applicants are active 4-H members, 15 years of age as of January 1st, who enjoy leadership roles, and are ready to represent 4-H at a statewide level. After obtaining two years of 4-H experience, youth can apply to become an Ambassador through their county office. The applications are processed and each applicant is interviewed by 4-H staff and volunteers.
Once chosen as an Ambassador, youth attend a Leadership Conference to receive specialized training in leadership responsibilities and roles. Each Ambassador serves a two-year term, and fulfills a leadership duty at two or more 4-H events.
A brochure titled 4-H Ambassador Program is available as a free download.
Please contact your county Cooperative Extension office for more information.