Welcome to Lyon County 4-H Youth Development
Lyon County 4-H has a variety of programs for youth ages 5 to 19 years of age that allows them to develop, create and engage in fun, age-appropriate learning activities. There is a range of curriculum and delivery methods in the five different communities of the county: Dayton/Mound House, Mason Valley, Fernley, Smith Valley and Silver Springs/Stagecoach.
The Nevada State 4-H Program operates on a fiscal year of Oct. 1 through Sept. 30. For most clubs throughout Lyon County 4-H, enrollment is open year-round. The annual dues are $8, and some clubs may have fees to help cover the cost of supplies, but these expenses are usually minimal and optional.
Throughout the year, opportunities abound for 4-H youth. In the summer months, Central Area 4-H Camp is the place to be. In August, it is time for the traditional fair and rodeo. During the winter, the weekends are full of skiing and snowboarding trips. The spring months are busy, with livestock season in full bloom and the annual county junior livestock show in April.
While all these seasonal events are occurring, other 4-H programs, such as dog clubs, cooking clubs, and arts and crafts groups, are also busy with their own activities. In Lyon County, not only are the traditional 4-H clubs offered, but shooting sports is making a comeback.
The heart of 4-H youth development is our faithful and trained adult volunteer leaders. If you or your children are looking for an enjoyable and quality youth development experience, contact us:
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
Lyon County Office
504 S. Main St.
Yerington, NV 89447
Lyon County 4-H Enrollment
- Leadership Project - Junior and Teen Leaders Plan and Report
- Independent Project, Requesting Form (PDF) (Word)
- NV State 4-H, Annual Achievement Record
- Portfolio Guidelines
- Project Record Books
- Breeding Record ( | Word)
- CloverBud ( | Word)
- Community Pride ( | Word)
- Dog ( | Word)
- Garden and Field Crop ( | Word)
- Horse ( | Word)
- Lego ( | Word)
- Knit and Crochet ( | Word)
- Market Livestock Record Junior ( | Word)
- Market Livestock Record Senior and Intermediate ( | Word)
- Photography ( | Word)
- Poultry ( | Word)
- Rabbit and Cavy ( | Word)
- Sewing ( | Word)
- Ski & Snowboard ( | Word)
- Junior Teen Leader Plan Report ( | Word)
Nevada Junior Livestock Show (NJLS)
2017 Lyon County Junior Livestock Show (LCJrLS)
- Entry Form | Word
- Code of Ethics (IAFE, International Association of Fairs and Exposition)
- LCJrLS Rules and Regulations| Word
- Youth Advisory Council( | Word)
- 4-H Official Dress Attire
- Donate ( | Word)