Welcome to Douglas County 4-H Youth Development
Douglas County is the home of the Carson Valley, South Lake Tahoe, Western Area 4-H Camp, Topaz Lake, Washoe Tribe, Carson River, wetlands and wildlife refuge areas.
4-H club programming in Douglas County can cover any topic that an adult in the community would like to share with youth. Our 4-H staff will help you turn your interest into a 4-H project that teaches leadership, life skills and citizenship.
- 4-H age for club members is 5-19* years of age. Some 4-H projects have age restrictions depending on suitability.
- There are no fees to enroll in Douglas County 4-H, though individual Projects often have dues and fees for supplies etc.
4-H Annual Sign Ups will take place at 6:30 pm on September 19, 2016 at the Carson Valley Methodist Church at 1375 Centerville Lane, Gardnerville, NV 89410.
We anticipate offering the following 4-H Projects for the October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017 4-H year (although what we offer can change prior to Sign Up Night, the final information and 4-H Project calendars will be available at Sign Up Night):
- Baking-ages (ages 9-11*)
- Beyond Gardening (ages 9-12*)
- Cloverbuds (ages 5-8 years old*)
- Crochet (ages 9 and up*)
- Horse (ages 9 and up*)
- Junior Sewing, Make a 4-H Tie (ages 9-11*)
- Junior Quilting (for prior Make a Tie members only)
- Rabbit (ages 9 and up*)
- Sheep - Breeding and Market (ages 9 and up*)
- Shooting Sports (.22 rifle, shotgun, archery, ages 12* and up, ages 9-11* on case by case approval)
- Speaking With Confidence (ages 9 and up*)
- Teen Leadership (ages 13 and up as of September 19, 2016)
- Teen Sewing (ages 12 and up*)
*Note: All age ranges listed above are the 4-H member's age as of January 1, 2017!
The 4-H year begins October 1 through September 30 of each year. Projects times and dates vary greatly and begin and end at different times during the year. Calendars with final info will be available at Sign Up Night.
If you and your children are looking for a quality and fun youth development experience, contact the Douglas County office of the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, (775) 782-9960 for information on enrollment.