Welcome to Douglas County 4-H Youth Development
Douglas County is the home of the Carson Valley, South Lake Tahoe, Northern Area 4-H Camp, Topaz Lake, Washoe Tribe, Carson River, wetlands and wildlife refuge areas.
4-H programming in Douglas County can cover most any topic that an adult in the community would like to share with youth. Our 4-H staff will help you turn your interest into a 4-H project curriculum that teaches leadership, life skills and citizenship.
Signing up for 4-H in Douglas County, Nevada
- 4-H Annual Sign Ups are 6:30-7:30pm on Monday, September 18, 2017
- Carson Valley United Methodist Church at 1375 Centerville Lane, Gardnerville, NV 89410
Youth and a parent/guardian attend Sign Up Night and all 4-H meetings/events
- 4-H age for club members is 5-19* years of age (age as of January 1, 2018).
- Most 4-H projects have age restrictions depending on suitability.
- How Much:
- There are no fees to enroll in Douglas County 4-H, although individual Projects often have minimal fees for supplies etc. due at your first Project meeting.
We anticipate offering the following 4-H Projects for the 2017- 2018 4-H:
- Baking (9-10*)
- Beyond Gardening (14+*)
- Cloverbuds (5-8*)
- Community Gardening (9-12*)
- Crochet (9+*)
- Goats - Market (9+*)
- Hiking (9+*)
- Horse (9+*)
- Hunting Skills (11+*)
- Knitting (9+*)
- Quilting (9+* with prior experience)
- Rabbits (9+*)
- Sheep - Breeding & Market (9+*)
- Shooting Sports (9+*, .22 Rifle, Air Rifle, Shotgun, Archery)
- Speaking with Confidence (9+*)
- Teen Ambassadors (13+ as of September 18, 2017)
* Note: 4-H member's age as of January 1, 2018!
- The 4-H year begins October 1 and ends September 30 of each year.
- Projects times and dates vary, beginning and ending at different times during the year.
- Calendars with date/time info will be available at Sign Up Night.
- Each project is a considerable time commitment (please choose only those that you can fully commit to for all times/dates).
- For animal related projects, you must be zoned for, provide and care for your own animal.
- Please do not purchase any animals or supplies prior to attending your first project meeting.
- Parents/guardians generally must be at all 4-H meetings and activities for the entire time.
- There are no sign up fees due at Sign Up Night. Some Projects have supply fees due at your first meeting.
- 4-H T-shirts/totes will be available for purchase at Sign Up Night! Check/Cash only!
- Save the date! PINGO! Pumpkins + Bingo! Open to the public for all ages! Saturday October 14, 2017 from 12 noon to 6:00 pm. Win all sizes of pumpkins including JUMBO pumpkins and $100 Wal-Mart gift cards for black out PINGO! 1375 Centerville Lane, Gardnerville, NV.
Contact the Douglas County office of the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, or email email@example.com or (775) 782-9960 for information.