How to Join 4-H
Who can join?
Youth, ages 5 to 19 as of January 1 of the current year, may join.
Where do I sign up?
Join a club in your county, near your home or school. Experience 4-H with a friend, invite them to join with you. Contact your county University of Nevada Cooperative Extension office to enroll today.
When should I sign up?
Join anytime! But join by the county's 4-H enrollment deadline to take advantage of all 4-H opportunities including participation in Fair.
What is there to do?
Members, age 9 to 19 as of January 1 of the current year, select 4-H project(s) to explore through club and county activities. Cloverbud members, age 5 to 8 participate in non-competitive activities exploring a variety of fun, hands-on interest areas.
Does it cost anything?
Your out of pocket costs for participating in 4-H will include one or more of the following types of expenses:
- Project Book/Resources — Project books/resources may be available through your county Extension office, so ask your 4-H staff member.
- Project Items — Supplies, materials, equipment, animals, facilities and other resources needed to complete the 4-H project learning experience.
- County Activity Fee — Per member fee determined by the County 4-H Program.
- Club Dues/Fees — Per member fee charged by some clubs used towards refreshments, project book costs, Fair pass, club t-shirt, supplemental insurance, etc. Please ask the club advisor about their 4-H club fee structure.
- 4-H Events & Opportunities — Fees charged for participation in events and opportunities such as camps, workshops, conferences, trips, etc.
What are the benefits?
Members learn life skills, make new friends, enhance self-esteem, achieve personal goals, develop positive relationships with peers and volunteers, and have fun learning and sharing as a family and a club.